Thursday, July 8, 2010

Irish Bliss
































This was a very special wedding for several reasons. First, I was referred to this bride from a prior bride which is the best compliment ever. Second, the bride and groom chose St. Patrick's Day to exchange their vows which was very fun for me to include some gorgeous Bells of Ireland as the green accent for their flowers. And third, the groom looked very familiar to me and during our flower consultation we discovered that we had gone to high school together. It was a very "small world" moment for me. I never in a million years would have thought back in high school, that one day I would be designing his wedding flowers.
Karla & Patrick were such a great couple. I truly enjoyed working with them both and loved their laid back, easy going personalities. Karla wanted lots of bright happy colors to pop off of the green dresses she chose for her bridesmaids. We decided on hot pink with orange & green accents. Using mostly Gerbera Daisies, roses, stephanotis, and of course Bells of Ireland we made the flowers really stand out. The bride and groom had a gorgeous Catholic ceremony followed by an amazing reception at Anthem Country Club. They included a hint of St. Patrick's Day accents, such as, green chair ties, four leaf clover confetti, and some green mardi gras beads for all of the guests to wear at the reception. Congratulations Karla & Patrick O'Brien. Or shall I say, "Comhghairdeas or Maith thu!"

No comments:

Post a Comment